Old July 29th 06, 10:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
David R. Sky

Default The mystery yarn swatch

Hi Sofia,

I remember seeing that cream advertised when I was a kid, it was called Neet
as I recall. That was here in Vancouver, your product is probably a
different name.

David

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Magie Noire wrote:

Have you tried that cream that dissolves hair from legs and such? Now, how
is it called??
If you put a tiny bit on a piece of wool it will dissolve also.So you'll
know it is real "hair" and not synthetic.
Sofia D

"Shillelagh" a écrit dans le message de news:

"Richard Eney" wrote in message
In article , Shillelagh

wrote:
has turned out not to be feltable wool. So, I'm guessing it's probably
acrylic or a blend. Bleah. I'll have to figure out something else to do
with it now. I could double or triple it up and make a bag that way.
Oh
well. (pouting).

It might be superwash - that is all wool but won't felt.

=Tamar

You could be right, but I don't think there's a way for me to find out. I
could try the bleach test on the yarn, I guess, but would the results be
the
same if it's superwash?

Shelagh