Old June 4th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Default how do I thread it?

djw wrote:

Beverly,
Thanks for the help the link below most looks like the machine if not
exactly the one hard to tell from the angles and being just line
drawings. All I know is that the threading diagram worked.
http://www.sewusa.com/Threading_Diag...ng_diagram.htm

I played around with the knobs and buttons but can only figure out
about 85 percent of them. Now if I could find a manual online? I got a
reply from sears parts department that was strange they said they could
not provide a manual because they did not make the machine. I wrote
back asking why did it then have the Kenmore name on it. I thought they
were one in the same. It seems that no Kenmore model has that long as
in that many numbers in it's model numbering. But I got the old
magnifying glass out and have triple checked it and that the number
158.1792280 with a serial number of 51054755.
Thanks again!
DJW

Kenmore is the Sears brand name: they buy them in from all over, and
always have. Once they no longer have the machine on their stock list,
they stop keeping the bits for it, it seems. You need to examine the
machine carefully and see who made it for them: contacting the
manufacturer may help with finding a manual. In the other hand the
Yahoo Wefixit group may be able to help...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!