Old March 3rd 05, 11:27 PM
Shillelagh

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Aharon , there is a big difference between women and men in the Weight
gaining and loosing `methods`... Nature has Given us women more fat
cells, according to research it has to with our `natural asigned duty
as Child beareres`.

Exactly. That's what used to royally **** me off when I was going to Weight
Watchers. I would struggle to lose 1 or 2 lbs a week and ALL the men would
come in and routinely lose 4 to 5 lbs a week - or more.

I would like to see you after a pregnancy [
gaining fats over nine months takes about same time to loose it
naturaly without dieting,] Dieting while nursing is impossible ...

No kidding. Been THERE, and DONE THAT.

I think most people nowadays are quite knowledgeable about the need to
stay fit , if they can , and they do it if they can, in their own
possible methods , times , and goals.

I lost a bunch of weight in 2001, then had a very long plateau. I know all
about plateaus, but this one turned out to be medical. I just couldn't lose
any more weight for the life of me, even tried 500 calories a day (not a
good idea), and tons of extra exercise. Turns out I had an underactive
thyroid. I'm on the medication for it, and STILL can't lose. I guess I got
so discouraged, I did my usual thing and started to eat the wrong things
again. I just couldn't keep on being a rabbit and starving myself for
nothing. It's very frustrating, because the older a woman gets, it seems
the harder it is to lose weight, and it's worse when medical conditions
interfere.

Please share your Gains , but please don`t preach
about how We all should live. You also have no clue who and why and
how some people here exercise or don`t exercize.

As I said in an earlier post, the "newly converted" have the shiniest halos,
and very little idea of what might be involved for other people. You have a
very good grasp of what can be involved for women trying to lose weight.
Shelagh