Old March 17th 07, 05:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
C0nnie

Default Buying a prop-ox torch setup

Hello all,

Well I finally decided to get the Hoke for propane/ oxygen. Since I
have no torch at all now, a Hoke will be much better. The investment
is less than it would be with other torches. I also got the adapter
set.

I got flashback arrestors, and now I just need to get a tank of
propane, an oxygen cylinder (I think I'll get R size, 20 cu ft),
hoses, and regulators. I heard that oxygen pressure changes with
fullness of the tank. I was told that a special regulator for oxygen
that keeps underlying pressure to 20 psi and adjusts separately (sort
of like dual stage) is available from Smith. It's item # H1940-G-540
for $78.00.

I am within minutes of 4 welding supplies and 2 gas delivery services,
so availability is not a problem. I also have city gas but I don't
want the expense of running gas pipe.

I want to do granulation in Argentium and fine silver. I'll keep y'all
posted...