Old August 25th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default help: 50 inches

If you do not have an interchangeable cable-needle system, it can be done
using 3 (or more), shorter circular needles. Cast on to 2, then use the
third to knit off of the first. Then, the (now empty) first is used to knit
off the second, and etc. So just borrow extra circular needles from a
couple of folks in your local knitting group. With enough friends and moxie,
you can knit for even a really fat elephant.

In theory, you can also use a bunch of double pointed needles, but that ends
up being like a horror movie about big spiders unless you use a knitting
sheath - which are even rarer than Denise systems.

"Alison" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:32:56 -0800, Millie James
wrote:

rcty,
... note: I asked this question from the knitting designer herself, but
so far no word back ... so, I'll ask here ...

As for knitting up afghans, I saw a simple garter stitch pattern, but
how do you knit up to 50 inches of garter stitches?

_ _ _ _ _
Millie
Gigi Fifi Mimi Fiji kiwi bikini WiFi

Millie - do you mean, how do you fit them on a needle? I would use a
60" circular. I have a 60" cable for my Denise interchangeables. I'm
assuming it has to be knit in one piece.

Alison