Old March 1st 08, 07:02 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
robb

Default How to remove a glued-in shirt label

GOO products also good for when you might want to sew through
some sticky (eg, duct tape) or gluey like substances.

Put some on the needle and it keeps the goo... well, off the
needle

Somebody else here in Alt.sew suggested that sorry can't remeber
who
robb

"Lurfys Maw" wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:27:35 -0800, "BEI Design"
wrote:

Lurfys Maw wrote:
On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 03:41:27 GMT, Emily Bengston

Thanks for the tip.
Let us know how it is after you laundry it, please. I
have two that were gifts I've never worn because of
those glue-in tags. I will try the Goof Off, I just
purchased a bottle last week.
Emily

I did a quick manual wash in the sink with warm water and
hand soap.
After it dried off, I could not see any discoloration or
any other ill effects. It did still have a very light
smell of the Goof Off. I'll
wash it in a few days when I have a full batch.

Congratulations on finding a solution! Sounds like "Goof
Off" is a good product to have on hand.

I couldn't survive without it. At the risk of further annoying

Mary, I
also do not like the stickly residue that many price stickers

leave on
stuff. Goof Off gets it right off. You do have to be a bit

careful. It
will melt the typs of plastic that is used for CD cases and the

like
and sadly they are virtually covered in stickers.

There are a number of similar products, such as Goo Gone,

Ooops, and
Gunk (although that one may be more for grease and oil).

Simple Green is also pretty good and safer for most plastics.