Old August 12th 03, 01:30 PM
E J Ralph

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 22:24:48 -0700, Robert Houghtaling
wrote:

I would agree with John Cleese but not limit it to England. Eddie's a
wonderful actor also. Did you see him as Chaplin in. "The Cat's Meow"? The
film about a murder on William Randolf Hearst's yacht.
Robert

Just to add to the Izzard conversation - I think he is briliant! I
remember first seeing a stand up show of his on TV way back in the
early ninties when I was travelling back from someplace and was stuck
in a very dubious bed and breakfast for the night! I think that was
before he was open about his cross-dressing it was that long ago!

He has done some real turkeys though - like his sit-com about cows,
that one didn't get the contract to run a second season oddly enough!

Here in the UK, recently he did a three part documentary for discovery
channel called "Mongrel Nation" all about Britain and the different
waves of people who have imigrated here over the centuries and what
they have added to our culteral mix, that was really fascinating
program, made more enjoyable with those special Izzard touches!

I didn't realise he was so well known over in the States too though!

Emma