Old March 23rd 09, 08:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design

Default Bear cotton thread?

Per Starbäck wrote:
I have never seen the "Bear" logo thread by Coats &
Clark (I'm in the U.S.A.), but I suspect it's very
similar to "upholstery"thread or "buttonhole
twist":http://www.coatsandclark.com/Product...ats+Sewing+Thr...

Are you researching this particular thread or do you
just
want a similar heavy duty thread?

Beverly

Thanks! I'm just interested in this particular thread.
Now I have
found out from Coats that this thread is only sold in
Sweden, Denmark,
Norway and Finland, so that's why you hadn't seen it. I
guess it just
happened to become very popular here like a hundred years
ago, and that they therefore have kept it here even
though it's no
longer part of their regular assortment.

Well, it's very nice to learn that you were able to solve
the mystery! No wonder I have never seen it. ;-)

Beverly