Old July 6th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Default Home again.

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 14:29:32 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

snip,snip

ellice wrote:

I think that must be a reginoal language idiom. In all the places I've
lived in tha states, never, ever heard canned, processed meat stuff referred
to as Potted Meat. But, I knew what was being referred to because of my
time living in the UK. So, perhaps us New York, DC, even Florida East
Coasters, don't use that phrase. Never heard it in NM, either.

ellice

As a public service, I submit to you:
http://www.pk.org/pottedmeat.html

With a lovely picture of the various potted meat products offered to the
American consumer.

How/why did you find that! more importantly - why did someone think this was
worthy of that much research.

Considering the massive amounts of money spent on "research" projects
of, at best, dubious subjects nothing surprises me about this one.

Bob