Old December 25th 11, 05:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Default On Topic -- these godawful ads

On Dec 24, 3:45*pm, Mary wrote:
Do you have a subject or special technique in the quilt ?
i wish you to enjoy making it and having it
mirjam

The pattern is one that I designed on a pad of hotel note paper while
at a very boring meeting about amending birth certificates in
Washington DC.

Amazing , how boring meetings give birth to interesting art works
HAHA]

*Since the hotel was located in Foggy Bottom (near the
Watergate Hotel), I named it Foggy Bottom.

i like that
*The quilt is based upon a
12" block with the smallest bit 1", the largest 2", and lots of half-
square triangles -- 72 bits of fabric in each block. *The blocks are
turned for assembly, so there is an overall pattern with major
diagonals over the quilt with stars alternated with flowers in the
centers. *This quilt is 9 blocks by 9 blocks and will fit a queen bed
as a bedspread or king bed as a coverlet. *Every stitch in this quilt
is by hand. *If I were to compare it to known patterns I would have to
say that it is like Jacobs Ladder but much more complex.

I am very impressed ,,, and hope you will soon complete it and Show
the picture

*This is a
quilt I intend to keep and to use on my bed, so I am very grateful
that the dog likes to sleep under the covers or on sheets at the top
of the bed rather than on a quilt or bedspread! *He's very clean as
dogs go, but is still a dog. *Sheets get changed every 5 days or so,
but laundering a quilt means a special trip to the laundromat, and
frequent laundering of quilts is rather hard on them.

We have special covers for our [quilt like] blankets [ duvets]

I have pieced
quite a few blocks of this quilt during quiet afternoons at sea on
several cruise ships, in the Caribbean, in the Mediterranean, and on
two Trans-Atlantic crossings, so parts of this quilt are rather well-
travelled.

Aha you passed by our country?
i live on the Mediterranean shore .....
mirjam