Old February 2nd 04, 05:30 PM
Dawn

Cathy Weeks wrote:

Is there any money to be made by building dollhouses for sale? From
the looks of things from eBay, no. But I could be wrong?

Are you talking about assembling kit houses, or doing custom woodworking
for the discerning collector?

I think the problem with trying to sell them on eBay is the shipping.
People there are looking for a deal, and freight and insurance can be a
real killer.

Start looking around now for a place to work with, and around the end of
summer start advertising to your target market. If you are finishing
kits for the holiday gift season you'll want to have plenty of time to
do the work. As Gerry says, you can get customers by working with a shop
that sells kits.

If you were planning to do custom woodwork, then I think building a
portfolio of pieces and going through IGMA and the show scene is the way
to find the collector market. Local shops can help by displaying samples
of your work and selling smaller pieces between shows.

Dawn