Old December 4th 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
steel breeze

Default spinning wheels

"Jacquie Joyce" wrote in message
k...
Hi All
I was wondering if someone can help me. I am a knitwear designer/producer
and I have been asked to produce some designs with alpaca yarn. The lady
who
has asked me has her own alpacas and would dearly like to have the yarn
hand
spun. I have never ever done spinning in my life but would love to have a
go. I have not got a clue where to begin or anything. Can anyone help me
please.

Hi Jacquie,

A good place to start is the Association of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers
(http://www.wsd.org.uk/). There are lots of guilds in the UK, and you could
find they meet locally. The Coventry lot are lovely, and love to show
beginners how to spin.

They might even know of someone who's selling a wheel.

HTH

Jane