Old July 21st 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Default OT front loading washers

In article i5cwg.1123$aW2.168@trnddc03,
Taria wrote:

Time to upgrade my washing machine. Water going up 29% and I need to
reduce. The old machine (as Candice Olsen would say) doesn't owe anyone
anything. It has served long and hard. I'll take any good and bad
comments or things to watch for in the newer front loaders.

Oh, I prewash my fabrics so I guess this might be on topic : )
TIA, Taria

I've had my front loader for almost 8 years and I really do love it.
Washes huge loads, spins the water out really well so drying doesn't
take forever, nice water bills ;-)

What it doesn't do is soak, as in fill up with water and sit there
because they don't fill like a top loader. So, if you are a pre-soaker
you need to adjust. If you do hand dyeing or somesuch where you need
the ability to soak the fabric then you might consider the new high
efficiency top loaders or if you have a large sink use that instead.

marcella