Old January 25th 11, 01:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default Are we DEAD ?

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 22:57:28 -0600, Polly Esther wrote:

Maybe my newsreader has gone south for better weather ... ??? I don't
see diddly-squat from anybody for at least 24 hours.
Please tell me that you all didn't freeze to death ... not a
considerate
time to mention that we had short-sleeve weather today.
Anybody quilting? Anybody breathing? Anybody ..... Polly

I'm alive, barely.

Went to take a shower and was moving fast because the bathroom was COLD!
Then I bundled back into my clothes and back out under a heap of afghans
and quilts when I saw frost around the drain. I am not stepping foot
into a cast iron tub when there is frost in the bottom of it!

It got down to around -15F Sunday night.
I woke up shivering and evacuated the bedroom.
Everybody else was already in a heap on the living room floor. I just
joined the puppy pile.
This is why I hate big wide windows. Even with storm windows and plastic
they let in a ton of cold.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?