Old April 20th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

Default How to kill a gansy

skrev i melding
. net...
Easy Come, easy go! After all it is just Fisherman's wool, and not
some
expensive luxury fiber : D I knit for fun and not for pence. It
gives me
an excuse to knit another one.

I am wearing it now. The day is unseasonably cool, and my office is
cold.
It is the warmest sweater I own, even if it does look like it has dark
perspiration stains under the arms. Besides, after a few days of
fishing,
and getting smeared with fish gore, nobody will notice the slightly
darker
areas under the arms.

Aaron

You have got your PERSONAL fishing sweather, Aron!
You will love it and be very sorry the day you HAVE TO replace it!
You should have seen mine!!
Knitted/ ribbed in double left over wool yarn in all coloures and types,
one of the threads all through is grey, Norwegian rag sock yarn. No
superwash in it at all.
There are no holes, it's not "worn", and will never be....it is too
solid, except around the wrists, where it's mended with the wool I just
had for hand.
And it is warm!
And it is for fishing!!!
AND I love it!