Old July 14th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

Default Jaywalker socks was Wooly, You Were Right

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 00:28:59 GMT, "Midwest poster"
spewed forth :

7.5 inches would fit my foot. ;-) But seriously, I hope you get some
relief soon.

The "large" size Jaywalker sock knitted to gauge wouldn't turn my heel
either. I wear a size 10 and my ankle is 9.375" in diameter whether
I'm being fat or thin on any particular day. It isn't about size with
these sox, it's about flexibility or stretch and lack of same.

I gave up quite some time ago on fancy patterned socks - nobody sees
them anyhow so I spend that effort on sweaters and scarves. Opal and
similar sock yarns are fast knits and make their own patterns - what
more can a girl ask for?

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...