Old April 22nd 09, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Linda D.

Default Help with berry pattern/stitch

On Apr 21, 8:46*pm, wrote:
Yes, I sure do *Now I just have to figure out how to do the
decreasing. *I've never used a chart before, so this is all new to
me. *Fun, fun, fun...

thanks, Linda D. in B.C., Canada

Linda , if you want to decrease 1 st , you can either knit [or purl] 2
stiches together .
Or slip 1 k [or p] next st, slip the former unknit st over the knit
one.

if you want to decrease 2 st ,,, slip one , k or p 2 together , slip
unkint over the 2 together .
mirjam

Hi Mirjam,

Thanks, but yes, I do know how to do the common decreases. I was
referring as to how to decrease using this chart and the symbols.
This is the first time I've knit a sweater from a chart. In this
particular chart part of the pattern is P1, YO, P1 in the same stitch,
so for decreasing you just P1, and that gives you two decreased
stitches. I figured this out, but had it confirmed by DA via private
email. I was quite pleased that I was smarter than I thought when it
came to knitting...LOL!

Have a great day...Linda