Old October 15th 03, 01:44 AM
Diana Curtis

http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Renee Clark" While googling trying to learn more about our Mesue (wish I
had a chance to
get to know her), I came across a thread from 2000 in which RCTQ'ers
introduced themselves in detail. I've come on board since then (September

of
'02), and I'm sure many others have too. Might be worth doing again for

the
sake of those who are a bit newer. I'll go first, in the hope that some of
you will follow suit.
Blessings
Renee
Name: Diana Curtis

Home: Is where my heart is.. Wisconsin

Occupation: Artist/SAHM

Age: 46
Past Lives:I think I was an Egyptian Princess in my past life.. or maybe a

short order cook.

Family: I currently have a DS, DA(lmost)DIL, DD, DH, DGS, and two DBs near

by.

Food: I live by the four food groups, fat, chocolate, sugar and

caffiene..

QI's: Two platys... fish.. no names... yet..

Machine(s): Moms Bernina. She made clothing with Bernie.. I make quilts

and just about anything but clothing. :-)
Quilting For: Since 1974 or so. Someday I hope to get it right.

Quilt Assembly Preference: Each method has its place... and Im ok at them

all. I love the way handquilting looks and totally enjoy doing it, but MQing
sure is saving time and making finishing things thinkable..

Quilt Style Preference: I love all types of quilts.. traditional, modern

art types, applique...PP... it all depends on its excecution.
Colour Preference: I love purples.. but no color is a bad one.. ok..

seafoam green and pepto bismal pink maybe.....

Skill level: 'advanced beginner'. thats almost right...

Posting/Reading frequency: Read daily, post enough that most people would

be sick of me if my posts were chocolate.

Interests other than quilting/fabric fondling/S.E.X.: Reading Sci fantasy.

Garage sales.. bargain hunting.. gardening.. chatting... home decor.. and of
course my little family.

Pet Peeves: I dont think I should start... lol

..

TV Shows: The Bear in the Big Blue House...
Drive A: Few people crazy on the NG.

Favorite Quote:/"poem

After A While

After a while you learn the subtle difference

between holding a hand and chaining a soul

and you learn that love doesn't mean leaning

and company doesn't always mean security.

And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts

and presents aren't promises and you begin to accept your defeats

with your head up and your eyes ahead with the grace of an adult

not the grief of a child and you learn to build all your roads

on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans

and futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.

After a while you learn

that even sunshine burns if you get too much so you

plant your own garden and decorate your own soul

instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.

And you learn that you really can endure that you

really are strong and you really do have worth

and you learn

and you learn

and with every goodbye you learn.

--Shoffstall, Veronica