Old October 21st 05, 04:32 AM
Ginger in CA

Default What to take to a quilt retreat?

I went to a local retreat 3 1/2 yrs ago. I moved from that area. In 3
weeks I am heading back to go to another one of their retreats. I
attended the first one they ever had, now they do 4 or 5 a year! I will
get a room at a nearby motel so I can have some alone time when I need
it (not comfortable being around a lot of noise/chitchat/stimulation
and need the break)

Prewash any fabric you might take. If you have a specific project(s),
try to get as much of it prepared ahead of time with cutting etc. You
may not have to take your own ironing board/iron if someone else will
share theirs ) Do you want to create a theme or decorate the space
you are alloted? [I did a camping theme, including my teddy bears and
their own "forest"] Portable light. Chair pad that you like, or even
chair if you have a special one. Fuzzy slippers. Sweats and T-shirt to
relax while you sew/gab/sew/eat/sew.
Patterns/magazines/fabric you want to trade or give away. Extension
cords and surge protectors. Stretchy sweats for the last day when you
have eaten chocolate 'til you almost burst and get fed yummy food with
not enough excercise. A book to read when you want down time. Don't
forget if you have any special diet needs to pack what you will require
in the chance your retreat manager didn't get the message. Your own
place setting.

The retreat I am heading to offers you a choice of fat quarter
exchange, block exchange. We each sign up to bring something for
potluck dinner on Fri, and the shop owner does his
famous-in-those-parts Saturday night soup supper, along with homemade
bread.

Have fun! Try to leave any worries at home, and be prepared to laugh
yourself silly, sew, talk, make new friends, learn new things, and head
home trying to figure out how you can arrange to do this again!

Have a peace-filled/piece-filled day,
Ginger