Old July 3rd 04, 11:06 PM
Jeanine3

Yes, the book is in italian. Some books I've ordered from Italy come in
italian and english which has been great for seeing if I really
understand the italian or for when I'm just lazy. Mind you if a
technique is completely foreign to me, even the english will befuddle me
as with books on this side of the pond. ;-)
Determination wins out mostly and when I'm determined to try something I
will eventually figure it out, even if my technique isn't quite right.
I am drawn to foreign types of needlework for the difference in motifs
and possibly the "age" of it too. Needlework inspired by art and
architecture intrigue me.

Jeanine in Canada

sewingsusan wrote:
How exciting!! This is what I love about embroidery, and RCTN,
learning about the multitudes of variations of embroidery work done
all over the world, as well as down through the ages! History,
culture and needlework - a BEAUTIFUL combination!

Only I suppose this book you just received is in Italian?? Pout,
pout, pout...

Wm Morris (an interest of mine) would sell his embroidery kits with a
small corner already started, to demonstrate how the stitching ought
to be done. His wife and daughter, I believe, did the stitching.
They were both, if memory serves me correctly, accomplished artists in
their own rights.

Susan