Old March 5th 17, 02:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Violet Stitches

Default cross stitch lovers: to grid or not to grid?

I felt quite distressed the other day, I was in a shop called Winners
and there was this lovely beaded cushion. Had to have been hand work
and it was less than $20 and I had to wonder how much the woman (most
probably a woman or girl) had been paid

This happens a lot to me too. My mother is a ceramic artist and can't believe how cheaply they can sell ceramics at stores. People have no idea the time and effort that goes into this stuff.

Awhile ago I was considering opening an etsy store, but the bottom line is I can't charge enough to make a profit for my materials and TIME. The other day I did buy a beautiful needlebook from a hand stitcher on etsy. The quality of the materials and her design were *outstanding*. It was $24 (expensive for a needlebook) but I can't believe she made much of a profit considering the time she put into it.