Old June 21st 05, 05:23 PM
Sarit Wolfus

Marisa,
Torch is one of the tools you better not try to save on. Get a high
quality Gas-Oxygen torch that will give you high flexibility in your
work. I enjoy using the "Little Torch".

Sarit (IL)
http://sarit-jewelry.com

Marisa Cappetta wrote:
I'm told by a reputable NZ dealer that the Orca is ok for small mounts,
annealing the size of sheet I use for repousse, small scale fabrication
(say, up to the size of a large locket), small scale hollow form work and
chain making - the type of work you would expect of a small studio,
contemporary jeweller. I would appreciate any insight from anyone else
familiar with this type of torch. Are there any problems or limitations I
should know about before I buy? Until now I've used Primus. Changing torch
brands at this stage of life is a little like ending a marriage.
--
Marisa (AU/NZ)