Old March 4th 04, 01:23 PM
Carolyn McCarty

Welcome, Debbie!

Natalie is right, IMNSHO. By picking out a small, simple project with clear
instructions, and by measuring and cutting as carefully as you can, you'll
do just fine. I've done two quilts that I machine-pieced and then
hand-quilted. It's a good way to go, as the most relaxing part of the
project is the hand quilting.

We're all looking forward to hearing more about your quilting, your stash,
and what kind of chocolate you enjoy.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

"Natalie" wrote in message
Hi Debbie

I'm a pretty new quilter (less than one year) and here is my advice:

Pick a small project, a pillow, a crib quilt, wall hanging.
Go to a fabric store, buy one fabric you love.
Pick a pattern. Pick out the other fabrics to go with the one you love
and your pattern.
Start sewing.

Don't worry about making your corners match. If you approaching cutting
and sewing and measuring with precision, it will just happen to you. If
you don't approach it with precision, than making perfect corners
probably isn't why you want to be a quilter and your work will still be
very much loved and admired. (It will also get better the more you
practice!)

Have fun! looking forward to hearing all about it!

NS

Debbie Williamson wrote:
Hi my name is Debbie and I'm new here and to quilting. Can anyone tell
me the best place to start quilting. It is all new to me. I have many
books and want to learn. But all the cutting and fitting has me worried.
I really would like to machine piece and hand quilt. Does this sound
like it would work. I need all the help and tips I can get
Thank you Debbie
Cochranville Pa.