Old May 27th 10, 01:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

Default Waaay OT but fun news!

"Joan E." wrote in message
I'm a Grandma!

Addison Carlee Erickson was born yesterday, May 25, at 8:55 am. DIL
had quite a bit of trouble during her pregnancy, so they had decided
to induce her a bit early. Good thing....her due date was June 8 but
Addison, two weeks early, weighed in at a hefty 9 lbs, 2 oz. and was
22" long!!! She has lots of dark hair about 1 1/2" long, which she'll
probably lose to become blonde like her mommy & daddy (DD did the same
thing). And chipmunk cheeks...can't forget those chipmunk cheeks!

DIL ended up having a C-section after 12 hrs of unproductive labor and
then, somewhere along the line, they realized the baby was face up, so
they decided on the C-section. They're both fine.

Addison had quite the little conehead when she first came out. lol! I
was amazed at how rapidly it went back to normal, though.

Pictures are in my webshots album if you're interested....
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndjoan

This next part will get a bit long so you might want to stop reading
now if you don't want to be bored!

The other part of the story is that my dad (88) is also in the
hospital. He had his knee replaced 2 weeks ago, got sent home a week
later before he was really ready (Mom couldn't help him up when he
fell), went downhill and ended up back in the hospital last Thurs. He
has pneumonia, (which is getting better) and now they discovered a
problem with his epiglottis (the valve that covers the trachea when
swallowing). The upside is that he's walking much better now and
they'll put him in the rehab hospital or elder care until he builds up
his upper body strength and he's *really* ready to go home, which
should have happened the first time around.

So, I've been getting lots of exercise because he is at the far west
end of the hospital and Dani & Addison are at the far east end!

It's always something......

Joan

So Joan, are you Grandma or Nana, or what? I know this spoiled beauty is
going to adore you and she needs to call you something.

I hope your dad's recovery is swift and uneventful.

Lucille