Old July 4th 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Bubbles/Marianne

Default Summer greetings to all!

"D Kat" wrote in message
hi Marianne! i know how you feel about not being able to work - i have my
right hand bandaged up and will not be able to use it for at least another
month - i'm going seriously stir crazy though i am learning to hen peck
type - capitals are a problem.

new kiln sounds wonderful - hope you get a replacement glaze maker soon.
i don't suppose that your glaze maker would be willing to pass the recipes
on to another maker?

donna

Hi Donna!

What a bummer about your hand! I guess you have plenty of time to read lots
and get new inspirations. If you are left-handed, you could even design a
few things. Personally, I am still way behind in reading my Ceramic Reviews
and getting my album updated! Every chance I get, I work in the workshop!

The kiln is a dream - and so much easier to load, since the space is wider.
I also kept the shelves from my old (little) kiln, so that I can use those
to make kind of half-shelves here and there if I only have a few tall
pieces.

The guy I buy the glazes off (who buys them from the maker) wasn't even sure
if the recipes were written down, or if he just has them in his head. It
would be an awful pity if those glazes went out of existance. My guy would
love to buy the recipes, but so far has had no luck in that department.
There are other nice glazes, but they just aren't the same quality and ease
to work with. Time will tell.

Take good care of your hand so you get well as soon as possible and can get
all clay-gooey again!

Marianne