Old June 22nd 04, 05:45 PM
Charles A. Peavey

Default I'm Considering opening a Crafts Market.

Greetings:

I have been kind of hanging around here listening to all the talk of beads
and lampwork and I have a question for the group. I have a building in a
resort town on the North Coast of California. The building was a bar and
dancehall for many years and I really do not have any interst in continuing
as a bar. I was thinking of opening a crafts marketplace. Not one of those
crafts places where they sell trinketsw for people to assemble into crafts
for personal use but real craft items. Items that are hand wrought such as
the beads you produce. I would also like to have live demonstrations of
artisans practicing their crafts from time to time.

This is not a scam and I am absolutely serious about opening up such a shop.
I have about 3500 square feet and more available. The City jusrisdiction
will not let me break it upinto individual shops because they claim it
intensifies the use. The building is on the busiest corner in town and there
are enough antique stores in the area already. If you have any suggestions
I would really like to hear them. I myself work in wrought iron and glass.
My background includes an undergraduate degree in vocational education with
an emphasis on craft industries and my family for generations have been
blacksmiths and artists. I wanted to trot this suggestion out here because
you seem to be a lot more user friendly than some of the other groups on
usenet: especially the glass group!

Best regards,
Charles