Old September 26th 04, 08:34 AM
Cynthia Spilsted

Ah:- fill cardboard egg cartons with dryer lint. Store in shed with other
camping supplies. Not a fire hazard if stored correctly. We lived in a
very wet climate and away from 'sporting goods' stores that sold sure-fire
fire starters. Lint and candle bits saved many a camping trip when I was a
teen...
Cynthia
Stuffing toys with lint? How disgusting!

wrote in message

Various fasteners on childrens' clothes (was Snap tape)

(Cynthia Spilsted)
snip most of the interesting parts
Lint is so flammable that we used to save the dryer lint for campfire
starters! Cynthia
---
Lint is indeed very flammable, to the point that it has been known to
self-combust, so I am surprised you saved it!
Tightwad advice has been known to recommend stuffing toys and such
with dryer lint, which totally grosses me out.
Cea