Old September 25th 04, 10:51 PM
Karen Maslowski

Cynthia, I think Polarfleece, et al, are even more flammable, and on the
body they are not self-extinguising the way cotton is. Instead, it has a
very low flashpoint, and melts into a disfiguring mess of super-hot
plastic. I absolutely do not understand this love of Polarfleece and its
cousins for baby and infant wear, in light of this.

Regarding have plastic melt on the body: I once spilled a bowl of hot
fudge, direct from the pan, onto my leg and gave myself a lovely 2nd
degree burn--and that's after immediately getting it off my thigh (I was
wearing shorts). If I'd been wearing something that was melting onto me
I would not be sitting here typing to you today.

Karen in Ohio

Cynthia Spilsted wrote:
Cotton flannel does not always 'poof' up
into flame, but the linting factor makes it quite flammable. Lint is so
flammable that we used to save the dryer lint for campfire starters!