Old November 6th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
John Smith

Default glass beads

Ann Eales wrote:
Hi,
I am digging out my dd polymer clay stuff to try out. Can I put glass seed
beads onto the clay before I fire them and will they stick or do I glue them
on later,
Ann

My wife was wondering if it would be possible for her to make beads out
of some form of recycled glass with a standard propane torch (no
oxygen)--bottles, jars, glasses, window glass, knick-knacks, etc.

Various people have told us different things. However, some have stated
the melting point of most glass is above what can be reached with a
standard propane torch.

Anyone know of a source of "garbage glass" which can be melted with the
standard torch and recycled into glass beads?

I realize this question has, most likely, come up before; unfortunately,
I am unable to find any info on it.

Thanks in advance,
warmest regards,
JS