Old July 10th 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Default Wooly

On Jul 9, 11:25 am, "Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking
wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message

ups.com...

The younger German Shepherd is about 8 months or so now. He barks a lot
(talking, not in an aggressive way, until he sees Casper through the
fence)... but I talk to him through the fence (wooden, close together)
and
he quietens down to listen to me. When I come out to get in the van, he
stands by the fence watching me... when I pull into the lane and get out
of
the van he stands by the fence watching me. When I have a dog biscuit in
my
pocket, I give him one. He rarely wags his tail, but once in a while
when
I'm talking to him through the fence he wags briefly. I don't think he
is a
particularly happy puppy.... the people rarely talk to him (except to say
"Shut up" when his barking gets on their nerves), and *very* rarely let
him
out of the kennel to run in the big back yard. He is left in the kennel
all
day long while the two older dogs are in the house with the people. /
Sad to think that the lady who lives next door is the only friend that
poor
little guy has, and the only one who pays any attention to him when I
come
or go... no wonder he comes to stand by the fence watching me when I am
out
there.

Some people should not be allowed to have animals.

Thank you Katherine! That is exactly the way I feel too. I'm almost
positive they are raising the German Shepherd for breeding, but still.... it
wouldn't kill them to play with, or at the very least to talk to him. Dogs
are pack animals and like to have other dogs, or people, around them... not
be left in a kennel on their own all the time, until it's time to take them
to the front yard to brush them (to show how nice he looks).

The other day as I was leaving the laneway, I had noticed that my furry
friend hadn't been watching me from behind the fence, but as I backed
further out I saw the man next door on the front lawn brushing "Tyson".
When "Tyson" spotted me, his eyes brightened *just a little* and he made a
slight move in my direction, which made his owner tighten his grip on his
leash. Yes, he was being brushed, and therefore having *some* attention
given to him, but he wasn't being spoken to at all and his eyes, as always,
looked sad and almost distant. /

Poor Tyson! It makes you wonder if there was something you could do.
Our Wooly has an appointment with the groomer next week, for a
clipping and a manicure. Have to pretty her up for vacation. g

Higs,
Katherine