Old January 1st 04, 06:28 PM
Irwin

I haven't tried using a Kitchen-Aide, but I highly doubt that any of
the standard attachments would do any good.
A food processor works because it has blades and *cuts* the clay into
tiny pieces which are then easier to condition or blend together. In
the cases where the food processor is actually able to form a
well-mixed, "dough" it is usually due to the heat of extensive
processing (i.e., whirling and cutting) with initially soft clay.
(I rarely let it go that far for fear of burning out the motor.)

A Kitchen-Aide is not a food processor; it is a mixer. Unless you have
a really huge amount of really soft clay to work with, the KA will not
do a stitch of good. --- As far as I can see.

--- Irwin

(Rachel) wrote in message . com...
Hi

Has anyone ever tried a Kitchen-Aide mixer to blend / condition clays?
If so, how did it work out (and did you use the paddle attachment or
the dough hook)? I happen to have a real old one I can use for PC
only but don't want to try it if it has been found to not work out.

TIA.

Rachel