Old November 27th 05, 08:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking,rec.crafts.misc,alt.rec.woodworking,alt.woodworking

Default Stains from Black Walnuts - Please Help

I've used WD40 to remove various stains. Works well on removing grease
from automotive work as well.. It may work for you, spray it on, scrub,
wash with soap.

-astria

Jerald Houk wrote:
Lemon Juice should do the trick.
It's the citrus acid in it that removes the stains.
I used to work with a lot of mahogany that turned my hands purple.
It works for me,
Jerry

"Clemens" wrote in message

I was picking and halving walnuts, and my hands got dark brown from
tannin in walnut's shell.

Please, is there any effective agent to remove dark stains off the
hands ?

I tried with acetone, alcohol, lighter fuel, paint thiner, windex,
washing soap, laundry detergent, but it didn't help.

Thank you.