Old October 4th 03, 07:27 AM
CMM PDX2

Ranee wrote:

The only caveat I'd give here is to find out where they are. My
BIL was in Kuwait, and winter there is not that cold. He was
still scorching in 100 degree nights a few weeks ago.

Good point, Ranee!

And once you find out a general idea, Allaya - then you go check out a weather
almanac site to find out the average temps during the year. Such as the
following link. (sorry about the long URL, but they seem to have hidden the
link from USA Today's Weather Resources that supposedly would lead to this
page...do you think I could find 'climate' listed anywhere? of course not!)

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/reso...e/worldcli.htm

Of course, if you use Baghdad for the city, it doesn't get down much further
than an average low of 38F in January. But if they're further north, who knows?
Guess you'll have to just ask exactly how warm items should be in a general
way. I kinda get the feeling that writing something like, "Just where exactly
are you, anyway, and what's the weather like?" could get you a visit from an
armed squad of various nervous people on your doorstep in the middle of the
night... Well, slipper/socks should be safe to start with, from what Claire
said.

Monica
CMMPDX2 at aol
remove 'eat.spam' to email me
---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html