Old October 2nd 03, 04:43 PM
Allaya Diep

Default Adopt-A-Soldier Program

Hi everybody!

In addition to our upcoming new arrival, my husband and I decided to take in
another life form into our family...a US Soldier in Afghanistan! DH's
company has enrolled in the Adopt-A-Soldier program where company employees
send personal care packages to soldiers in the Mid-East.

At any rate, I was wondering if anybody here had any loved ones serving our
country overseas, and if you could give me any suggestions as to things that
might be useful or enjoyed (we have a list of some suggestions, but I was
just wondering).

Also, I noticed on the weather forecasts that Afghanistan is getting a
little chilly at night...do any of you know if caps, gloves, quilts, etc.
are needed? I can't imagine that the military would let their boys go cold
at night, but I imagine it would be nice to have a cooshy quilt or something
to come back to.

Please let me know your thoughts on this. We send out packages every month,
so if any of you are interested in throwing in an item or two, please let me
know! I hope to hear back from our guy soon, so maybe he can offer more
info on the subject as well (I think any article of clothing in black is
safe).

Thanks for your help!
Allaya

Links to C-Company pictures: