View Single Post
Old August 15th 14, 04:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Garden Quilt Update

On Sunday, August 10, 2014 9:30:38 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Hello Quilters

I need to make a correction on the Garden quilt top. I was saying 12 half squares when I should of been saying flying geese in each block. I was thinking flying geese but saying half-squares. Sorry about that. Has anyone else done this before, saying one thing but meaning something else?? Oh well, there will always be days like that.

Been taking my time sewing the blocks together which takes little over hour and 15 minutes for each block. What takes so much time is my tying all those strings. I now have 9 out of 30 blocks done. I am slow like a turtle but will make it to the finish line eventually. Laughing here.

Sandy$ in Idaho

Hello all,
There will be no pictures of my quilt as I own no camera, not even a throw away and guess what in Oct/Nov. issure of Quilk Quilts 2014, on page 76/77 instruction on makeing 4 flying geese at a time.
I am not a person to chain sew as this always gets me into trouble down the line but thanks for the idea.
Have only 5 more blocks to go on the Flower Garden quilt top and then just have to square it up and sew the blocks together. Would not mind making another in the future but no for charity which my quilts are for. I am now an expert on flying geese. Laughing here.
Sandy in Idaho
Ads