Old March 13th 04, 10:49 PM
Dr. Quilter

200 bucks, really??? I thought you had to claim married if you were and
the only reason we weren't was the non resident issue...

Deb in AR wrote:

I know from experience that claiming "married" on your W2 does mean less
taxes taken out than claiming "single". I don't know why, but that's how it
works. Does that make sense? As far as I know, you don't have to claim
"married" even though you are. DH always claims single even though we're
married & since we have 2 kids we tend to get a chunk back. I knew there
was a good reason we had kids! hahaha

It might not hurt to go to a tax preparer, but I would suggest shopping
around first. Who knows, you might be able to find one who would look at it
cheaper than HR Block? We've used Jackson Hewitt in the past few years, but
after paying $200-something this year I've decided we're getting TurboTax
next year at Wal Mart.

HTH

--
Dr. Quilter