Old January 2nd 04, 02:14 AM
Taria

Glad to hear from you Gloworm. Good to hear your news.
Hope this coming year is good to you. You deserve it!
Taria

Gloworm450 wrote:

Happy New Year, Cyberfriends! You have not heard from me in quite a long time
now. It isn't because I have forgotten about you. I still read the group and
happy dance and pray with you all when you need it. I also participate in any
HUGS that I can, knowing from first-hand experience how healing they are. I
haven't posted because I've been really busy with a new job, and cannot post
from work now! (Some people take smoke breaks at work, I used to take rctq
breaks.) We have AOL at home, and I don't get all the messages. I'm hoping I
can post through AOL.

Some of you might remember that last December I lost my job of 36 years and my
first grandbaby (by miscarriage) on the same day. Around the same time, my
Dad's prostate cancer came back and my childhood sweetheart (love of my life)
died suddenly of a massive heart attack. It was the worst time in my whole
life, and I ended up in the hospital that weekend because I started crying and
couldn't stop. My wonderful husband and members of this very group pulled me
through that awful time, and life is good again. My Dad's cancer is gone, and
in March, I got a new job as a paralegal with a litigation firm downtown. The
pay is awful and so is the vacation, but the people and the atmosphere are
wonderful. The best news is that I will be a grandma soon -- around January
10, 2004. Everything seems to be going fine with the pregnancy this time. We
don't know if it is a boy or a girl, but it seems healthy and that's all that
matters. I'm busy working on a baby quilt right now, of course. A nine-patch
with applique hearts in the center patch, and with sashings and 4-patch
cornerstones, all in cotton candy colors. It will be ready for basting this
weekend.

I just wanted to say thank you for being there for me when I was at the lowest
point in my life and for showing me that there really are good, decent, caring
people in the world. I hope to be able to post more this year if the overtime
at works lessens a bit. Happy New Year and God Bless you all.

Love, Gloworm in Dayton