Old April 15th 09, 09:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Default OT Can we have a roll call.

You know, as I'm using my stash, I'm using some beads just for the
sake of using them. But I just decided to pull out the stuff with
wonky beads and bring them to the women's shelter rather trying to
sell them.

It's funny that I'm hearing so much about retirement. I was in my
40's when I first posted here and am in my 60's now. That would be 11
or 12 years.

Tina

On Apr 6, 10:20*pm, Carla wrote:
Hey Tina,

And I have beads that I got when I first started buying lampwork that
are colors (pastels) or styles (dots) that just aren't really my
thing. *I'm trying to put things like that together to sell even just
at cost. *I want to have only things that really WANT to use.

At one point, I had put together a big box of stuff to freecycle, then
at the last minute couldn't part with it; I keep thinking "Maybe I can
use this *some* how..." and the stash just keeps on growing

What are you retiring from? *(I know you've told me before). *And what
are you going to do after you retire? *Hope your assets are safe after
this economic mess.

I've been working at the University of Illinois for over 20 years; for
the past six as Office Administrator in an academic unit. *(Read:
secretary under too much pressure! g) *And other than my pension,
there aren't any assets to speak of anyway. *I'll have to look for a
part time job, and I'm hoping I can find something in one of the local
bead shops or craft stores. *If I *have* to work in an office, I want it
to be something like file clerk or data entry. *The main goal, though,
is to actually make and sell beads and jewelry

Good to see you're still here

Cheers,
Carla