Old April 12th 09, 03:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_2_]

Default OT Can we have a roll call.

Hi Tina.......sorry to be so slow in answering, but have been paying for
my dentist's Ferrari, I think. Root canal.......ptui!!

I live just outside Toronto and my daughter lives in Vancouver BC. I
got her hooked on beading too, but she is a graphic artist and comes up
with some amazing stuff.

I retired from real estate sales, which I detested after 14 years, lol.
Used to work in criminal law and much preferred that. I am about a year
or two younger than Shirley, so am officially retired...and I have to
say that I much prefer retirement to working. I didn't really like
*bosses* much, so being on my own and beading is much better.

Sorry to hear about your depression. Is there nothing they can give you
for it??

Cheers and a Happy Easter......Heather

wrote in message
Hi Heather. Are you in BC? I used to live in Canada and loved it.

What did you retire from? I often refer to myself as retired, but am
actually disabled by Depression. My brain gets tired way too
quickly. Now I could be unhappy about it, but it's bad enough to have
the organic illness without compounding it with feeling melancholy.
Ironically, I have better mental health now than before this specific
illness raised it's ugly head.

I like seed-beading, but right now I just have so much bigger stuff
that I just need to use some of this stuff up so I can find the little
ones! The other problem with seed-beading is than if you hope to make
some profits, seed beading takes an awful lot of time and it's very
difficult to sell for a worthwhile price. Although just for the sake
of satisfaction, I really enjoyed the intricacy of seed beading.

I had hoped to place some of my floral pieces at the local nursery,
which also has a coffee shop, etc. I'll try again next month. I'd
even like to barter with my nurseryman, but when I was in it was his
manager I spoke to. Maybe next month.

Sorry to hear about your LBS. It's so much cheaper to shop on-line,
but it's very important for us to have that store as a resource -- for
selling or when we MUST have some item.

Tina

On Apr 2, 11:22 am, "Heather" wrote:
Hi Shirley...

I meant to answer the last roll call, but as a relative newbie to this
group, just put it off (duh!!). I do hope you are on the mend or at
least "holding your own". I had a bad Winter myself and hope I have
seen the back end of hospitals and antibiotics!!

I have gotten to "know" some of the names that you mention, but I was
just thinking the other day that it is such a shame that no one takes
advantage of the knowledge on this news group.

I am still plugging away and learning all sorts of different styles,
etc. I am afraid seed beading won't be one of them. My eyes are 'too
old', lol. But still working with copper and just got a load of it in.
I also love pearls and must make more up. My problem is with being
retired.....where on earth do I sell it? No office to show it off to,
local bead store shut down, and haven't decided if Etsy is the way to
go
yet.

Meanwhile one of the bead companies is making use of my 'eye for
proper
English' and I proof their website changes every week. Spell checkers
can't get a lot of it. I rarely use one, for that reason. Now I will
have to double-check this post, after being so bold as to say that.
(grin)

Glad to hear from you anytime. And would love to see all of the
lurkers
post an update or two.

All the best from Canada.....Heather