Old May 13th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Wave Jumper[_2_]

Default Real Stamping Issues - Stamping Techniques

Gamasol, that's what my friend called the stuff she uses when blending her
Prismacolors pencils. Another friend told me she had to go to a art store
to find it and it only comes in a huge bottle. Would they have that at
Michaels or Jo-Anns? By the way, how would I know if the pencils have wax
in them?

SAD

On 5/13/08 6:15 AM, in article
, "Roscoe2"
wrote:

I too have had that problem then I discovered the gamasol. It is
similar to odorless mineral spirits and that actually helps you blend
your prisma pencils look similar to watercolor pencils. It takes
practice because I remember the first few times I have done this I
thought ARGGGHHHHHH why would anyone waste thier time with that. But
then I forced myself to practice with them and well I actually like
it. But I still get those pencil marks. I am not sure how to not get
that. Try the prisma colored pencils and gamasol. The most important
thing is that the colored pencil you use has to be waxed based. So
there are my two cents on that. Thanx for reading. Ha ha.

Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
Angel #1754
Team Leader of the
Hot 'n Flashy Angelettes
North Branch, MN
http://missy.ismyangel.net

Check out my website for some exciting stamps and accessories. Just
when you think you can't find the right thing, here you go. Enjoy
and
contact me when you are ready to check it out.

On May 12, 8:46*am, "Tom and Karen Brooks"
wrote:
I've been using the watercolor pencils, but not really able to make them
look like watercolors, they look more like pencil marks. * I don't think I'm
good at the blending part. * Then I just think, why don't I just use water
color paints?

Kare