Old October 14th 05, 04:09 PM
Phyllis Nilsson

When my stepfather was 82 he got pneumonia (as COPD) and was placed in a
nursing home. His sister got rid of his apartment and some of his
belongings (kept some in her garage) thinking he was going to die. He
is blind in one eye and can't see well out of the other (cataract). He
got pneumonia again while in the nursing home, his third or fouth bout I
believe in total.

Now, at 85, he lives in an even better apartment (can't drive anymore
and he is upset about that), goes to the senior center twice a week,
volunteers at a nearby nursing home to help the "older" folks play
bingo, plays bingo and cards in the community room at his apartment
complex almost every day, and does his own grocery shopping.

I'm glad your grandpa is improving. He may very well live to be a hundred!

DrQuilter wrote:
thanks all. he is doing better. he got pneumonia and I thought that was
it but they put him on antibiotics and he is stable now. he is now
trying to speak (gets frustrated because it is not intelligible and is
cursing at the nurses to get the tubes out...