Old August 22nd 04, 05:49 AM
Jack Schmidling

"Charlie"

It was 1.2mm wire, but I think the problem was that I didn't flux the

joint
enough, or I mixed up the flux too thinly. Will try again possibly
tomorrow.

Having learned to solder at age ten and in the electronics business for all
of my working life, I thought I knew all there was to know about soldering.

This "hard" soldering is a whole new experience and one of the most
challenging things I have tried to learn. I am not there yet by a long shot
but in spite of the all the flack, I have learned a great deal from this
group.

I really don't understand what it is you are trying to do but if I can
solder jump rings, you should be able to solder your wire.

The best advice I can give is to simulate whatever it is you are trying to
do on somthing other than the real thing and try different techniques and
solders till you feel confident enough to attack your real project.

And of course.... wade through the lectures and Amazon promos and keep
slugging till you get an answer.

js

--
PHOTO OF THE WEEK: http://schmidling.netfirms.com/pow.htm