Old October 7th 15, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Brian[_3_]

Default Pine Trees and squares

On Wed, 07 Oct 2015 09:15:55 -0700, morningdove2011 wrote:

Hello Brian,
A flying geese is a rectangle with usually a square at the end of
each rectangle, line drawn cross wise from inner corner to bottom
outer edge and sewn on line. You cut off the outer corner. press
the corner left "up". The only difference for my geese was I had a
long rectangle on each side instead of a square, that became the
background that extended to the block edge.
Sandy$

I know what a "flying geese" looks like.

My point is that there are probably a lot of quilters that make pine tree
blocks, and many probably use a modified flying geese pattern. as it
looks like it could be readily adapted for that.

They could give instructions to make a block in the same way that they
do, or give instructions on how to find the pattern they use, but without
a picture, there is no way they can know if it produces what you are
trying to make.

Brian Christiansen