Old April 24th 15, 06:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat on the Green

Default Quick and Easy?

Thanks Denise - it is good of you to make a suggestion. I really don't
want to buy any more fabric (you know the high prices we have to pay
over here!) and must use the plains and tone on tones that I have. I
think they will be stripey ones of some sort - possibly with a different
centre, as NM suggested. We'll have to see what time I have when I get
back from my holiday in June.
Pat on the green
..
On 24/04/2015 17:10, wrote:
My 7 year old niece loves purple and butterflies, both of which I just found at an estate sale. I made the butterfly material the central focus of a Warm Wishes block. I used purple, bright green and black, which were all in the butterfly fabric, as the extra colors needed for the striped blocks. It came out really cute and was super easy to make. I hadn't told her I was making it and it was all folded up under something else on my sewing table. She came over for a visit and immediately ran over to the as yet unfinished quilt and started patting it, but said nothing about it. She's not a girly girl, she's a soccer star and a tomboy and has never, ever shown any interest in my sewing room. An hour or so later, she was patting it again but still said nothing. When it was time for her to go home she shyly asked me if this quilt could be for her when it was finished. I told her that I had made it specifically for her and she got all teary eyed. She now has fallen in love with s

ewing and made a cute flannel baby huggy for her brand new baby brother. She wanted it to make noise when he played with it so she put a noisy crinkly piece of cellophane between the layers. Her older sister has been sewing at my house for years, but I think I've roped in another one.

Warm Wishes is super easy. Denise in NH