Old May 15th 09, 06:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

Default Best fabric for placemats and napkins?

Pat wrote:
Can anyone tell me of the best fabric for making placemats and napkins that
won't wrinkle and curl and need to be ironed? I want something that comes
out of the dryer looking halfway decent.

Denim maybe?

thanks,
Pat

I don't know if you can get it anymore, but I've used hopsacking with
good results. The more you wash it, the softer and more wrinkle free it
gets. I would look for a soft, "homespun" type fabric, with large
threads. I found hopsacking at fabric.com - http://spedr.com/1kn0f
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com