Old July 5th 04, 04:53 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

If it is a row or two , it is enough that you quote where you
translated it from [and say you translated it !!!] if it is a cahpter
you better ask the publisher .
about a synopsys , if you write it for your own teaching ,, no need to
ask permission.

mirjam

This is what I'm wondering... to be more specific, I'm not translating
entire books, just chapters or even paragraphs of mostly historical info
and technique (needlework related). Since there are no stitch diagrams
I'd have to make my own or at least scan any of my own experiments on my
doodle cloth. Again, this is not to be published - but I don't want to
get into trouble either. Would forming a synopsis of the direct
translation be safer (even if you quoted where you read it like a
bibliography?) I wonder.
Jeanine in Canada

Dr. Brat wrote:

Don't translators have to get permission in order to translate, though?

Elizabeth