Old August 30th 03, 06:44 PM
Pat Porter

Yes that`s right - aluminium foil, as we call it. The stuff that comes in
rolls, for wrapping the turkey in, etc! Just scrunch it up a bit, and put it
in a bowl. Large handful of washing soda, boiling water to cover and watch
it fizz! Looks quite scary, but it`s fine.

Pat P

"Russell Miller" wrote in message
I'm almost positive Pat, but I just have to confirm before I destroy my
jewelery. What you refer to as 'cooking foil' is what we call tin foil
right? With my luck I'd get the wrong thing and turn my silver jewelery
to tin! LOL.

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

Pat Porter wrote:

An excellent way of cleaning badly tarnished silver is to place a

crumpled
sheet of cooking foil and a good handful of washing soda into a bowl,

and
cover with boiling water. As it`s fizzing pop the snall items in and

leave
for a few minutes. You`ll see them cleaning very fast - when clean

enough,
take them out and rinse them and buff up with a soft clean cloth.

Pat P.

"LdyTegan" wrote in message
I know this is an odd question but here goes anyway.. I wear silver

rings
and
noticed tonight that the tarnish had gotten a bit out of control

(actually,
I've known for some time, but finally took the time to pay attention).

So,
hauled out the liquid stuff that I got at Walmart a while back and

tried
it. I
have two different types, one for anything with a stone in it, which

apparently
is pretty mild, and those rings are just fine.. however... the rings

that
are
strictly silver, I used a different cleaner.Same brand, but directions

say
that
it's safe for solid silver (meaning no stones.. not solid silver) It

must
be
stronger because in the time I spent brushing at particularly dark

tarnished
spots on my necklace (maybe 2-3 minutes), the solid silver rings have

lost
all
their 'character'... the "good" tarnish that defines the details. (and

here
comes the silly question) Now, I know it will build back up, but short

of
sticking them in bleach, is there anyway to restore a bit of that

tarnish
quickly? They all look incredibly naked.. Thanks for any ideas or

suggestions!

Tegan

Who we are never changes. Who we think we are... does.
- Unknown

--
Maureen Miller C.H.