Old January 5th 05, 01:31 PM
Kathy N-V

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:57:05 -0500, Christina Peterson wrote
(in message ):

As I said, I've seen very nicely finished rubber cords. And it seems to
come in a lot of colors. But while the black rubber sounds "nice", the
colors seem kind of "plastic".

Once again, Barbara F-L came to the rescue with a tiny group buy of
neoprene cords. I bought black cords in a very small diameter (2
mm), and some eggplant cords in 4 mm. The dark colors are very nice,
not at all cheap looking, and didn't have that "plastic" feeling that
I think you mean. I really love them, and have been playing with the
cords, trying to figure out exactly what I want to do with them.

The cords were pretty inexpensive, a couple of dollars apiece, and
are finished with sterling silver ends. Barbara, could you help me
remember wher eyou bought the cords? I thought it might be
Thunderbird Supply, but I'm not 100% sure.

Another "cord" I've been using is 1 mm sterling silver snake chain.
I've been buying them 10 or 20 at a time on Ebay, and they're as
cheap as the rubber cords. I put one lampwork bead on a chain as a
present, and it looks wonderful. Takes all of three seconds to do,
too. :-)

Kathy N-V