Old January 5th 05, 05:52 AM
Carla

I've been using that, too, lately. It hangs better, IMO, than leather
cord, and looks good with a single focal and one or two accents.

Cheers,
Carla

Lara wrote:
I like to use a braided cotton cord. I don't know the name, but it comes in
brown and black and in the middle is monofiliment. I like to pull this out
so that I can get a better knot and so that it drapes better. It holds up
very well to lampwork beads.

Lara

Check out my eBay auctions under user ID: lutrick
Or click on the link: http://snipurl.com/8fa3
"Christina Peterson" wrote in message

I have some focals I'd like to feature simply on a cord. With a little
silver and maybe a couple accents.

What is a good cord to use?

For myself I'd probably just want to put it on a soft leather or suede

cord,

and just knot it in the back. Even make it up as the mood strikes me.

Some

of the more nicely finished leather cords crack with use. I've also seen
nicely finished rubber cord. Satin cord snags too easily, and I worry

about

the scratchiness of ribbon.

And then there's color.

I think of leather in blacks and browns. Lighter colors of leather get
darkened by oil, and even a little dirt -- especially suede. Red still
seems like leather, or else a cut. What do you all think of purple

leather

or turquoise or green? Does it feel like a wrong color for leather?

As I said, I've seen very nicely finished rubber cords. And it seems to
come in a lot of colors. But while the black rubber sounds "nice", the
colors seem kind of "plastic".

I love to hear thoughts on this.

Tina