Old October 20th 05, 02:24 PM
Pat in Virginia

Default Quilters Paying It Forward

Intriguing how a movie and a pop book can spark this interest.

I learned the concept when I was a kid. It was called "Do unto
others as you would have them do unto you." Whenever someone did
a favor for another and was thanked, the usual reply was "Pass it
on." The concept, 'The Golden Rule' is at least two thousand
years old. Just the title 'Pay it Forward' is new and trendy.

In the case of quilters, giving quilts in times of need is
probably as old as the craft itself.

There's nothing new under the sun, eh?
Smiles, PAT in VA/USA

Musicmaker wrote:

You might also go rent the movie called "Pay it Forward". That's how I
learned about it, at least the concept.

Musicmaker